Thursday, August 21, 2008

August 21st....

so many goings on.
School Started AUGUST 11th! not sure if i really like putting sunscreen on the kids as they walk out the door to go to the school-the pool yes, school hmmmm. its only gonna be 110* today. and my baby's teacher said NO FROZEN water bottles, they are weapons. WHAT!?!?!
so now i have one in 8th grade, and she is on the morning announcements TV show there at the school. she's famous. the big boy is in 5th. and the baby girl is in 4th. time flies. but i have to admit, i sure am smiling alot this last week or so at the PEACE AND QUIET in the house.
- - - after 3:30pm, fergitit about it!!!! - - -
we have been to 3 weddings so far this month. hmmm. something in the air? it sure is fun to see the smiles on the happy couples. and to remember all the chaotic fun of my own wedding.
my good friend Kendra has had a new baby girl just yesterday am. i cannot wait to hold her and smell that straight from HEAVEN smell!

the bathroom is coming along. i had to stop. brain overload and the rest of the house is a disaster..... and i was hungry. ;) it was sooo funny, only A. thinks its pretty. She says it reminds her of s'mores. lots of chocolate! can't go wrong there!! lol! so she was "helping" me paint, and backed into the wall. and as she pulled away, she obviously had paint on her bumm, BUTT, the funny part is that she left an imprint on the wall!!! soooo cute! i have used a heidi swapp mask on the upper cabinet doors. the bird and twig one. i REALLLLY like it. ( a mask is basically the opposite of a stencil ) and i was having to hold back from doing it everywhere!!!

~*~*~and i went to Michaels last night, and I SCORED BIG TIME!!!! the best deal in a LONG TIME! they had these darling wall hooks and tiny metal wall hanging baskets. all about 3x5 inches. they are the palest blue and cream with French stuff all over them, cherubs and postcards, rive gauche, etc. maybe you saw them. well they were $3.99 ( a reasonable price ) and they were just hanging on a short wall and the sign said .39 cents..... WHAT? so i carefully put some in my basket and made my way to the front, asked the girl oh so nicely what the price was... explained and she walked back with me, "sure enuf says she, you can have them for the .39 cents!!!" WAHOO!!!!!! i bought all of them. i think i have 16. LOL!, rofl!!! , giggle!, snort!, snark!, squawk! i know, its silly, but i can sooo use them... think covered and altered w/ scrapbook papers & paint. seasonal, silly, girly, i can make one for THE BOY too!
and maybe, just maybe, i just might leave the cherub one alone and put it in the bathroom!
OH MY!!

soooo, i guess i have rambled enuf for today.... on Saturday it will be my dear mother's b-day. i have decided to embarrass her, kinda. i'll be nice Mom. promise. and i'll explain the big toe thing. maybe. i might might be busy helping to put in the new toilet.
( dont get me started, lol!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what's your wall color(s)?

bj said...

BIG TOE MOM...I am sooo glad to hear from you ! I had no idea you had a blog now. Please let me Welcome you to Blogland with a posting on my space ! Would that be ok? Then, some of the other readers that might not know you are here would come see you!!
Oh, and for adding photos. Not hard! Believe me, if I can do it, You sure can! I stumble around trying to get things done on my blog, always scared to death I am going to delete every thing I have on there!! lol Please let me know if I can help you at all...my email is bjconklin@sbcglobal.net...I sure will try !!
I know you are going to love this blogging...it's so much fun !
love, bj

Rue said...

Hi Sandi :)

Happy Birthday mom!! :)

I can't believe the deal you got on those! thirty-nine cents?! Wow!!

hugs,
rue

Cathy said...

Hey Sandi....Blogging is a whole new world...with faces and names!
Scary isn't it?
Cathy

Amber M. said...

I just wanted to drop in quickly to thank you for entering our blogoversary giveaway and for visiting my blog. It is so nice to meet you!

L. Taggart said...

Did you say your getting a new toilet??? Party time! Oh, wait. That's potty time. never mind. We have plenty of that around here. Good job finding that great deal!!! Miss and love you!

Lydia :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Sandi! Thanks for visiting my pitiful little blog. Don't work too hard on your bathroom project.