Friday, August 29, 2008

i wanted RAIN

and i got a WEIRD STORM.
when you live in the desert you expect HOT, and summer monsoon rains bring the Humidity. BUT 90 mph winds?? now that sjust WEIRD! barely any rain on my side of town,but lots of wind, i have somebody's little kid plastic pool in my yard. and i had the bathroom cabinet doors outside and i am lucky they did not break/crack when they fell. but this is nothing... the downtown area is a MESS, and poor ASU. and still, i am blessed. i dont have to worry about Gustav, and Katrina only affected my heart. and so i am worried about my friends in Miss, and Fla. and everywhere else too.

4 comments:

Rue said...

Hi S :)

You must live by my brother! He lives in Cave Creek, but shhhh. my side of the family doesn't know about the blog LOL

I'm glad you're okay :)
Have a great Labor Day weekend!
rue

Autumn said...

Yeah- it was really crazy. It's lightening again as I type this at 11 pm...I wonder if it's going to blow through again like it did last night?

We were VERY blessed to no have been without power!

Anonymous said...

The bathroom cabinet doors were still OUTSIDE???? I'm sooo glad they didn't get busted...cuz then it would be that much longer before we get to see pics!! Keep the kiddos and yourselves safe, cuz I hear that BIG hail is supposed to be headed your way. Do NOT look out the window to see exactly HOW BIG!!! Lock yourselves into the bathroom and maybe y'all can FINISH IT so we can see pics!!!

Kendra said...

Funny how with all the wind and such our LIGHTWEIGHT outside chairs did not even move an inch; and it felt like our roof was going to blow off. Now that is weird.